Monday, April 16, 2012

Potato Fry -2

Actually I was watching the T.V Programs and wanted to finish my cooking fast.so I made sambhar and wanted to make some quick side dish which wouldn't take my time away from T.V.So I decided to make potato fry.And instead of usual ingredients, I just add the sambhar powder which I had left it on the kitchen top itself. And believe me, I could not stop licking my fingers!So simple and easy.


Potato Fry

Potatoes-3
onion- 1small sliced
Sambhar pwd- 2tsp
oil- 1tsp
mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
hing- a pinch
curry leaves
salt -to taste
turmeric pwd- a pinch
garlic- 2 minced

Method:
Chop potatoes into cubes.Boil potatoes in salt water with little turmeric pwd for 7-8 minutes.
Do not over cook it.Cool it and peel it.
Heat oil in a pan,when hot add mustard seeds, hing,curry leaves,garlic and onions.
Saute for few minutes. Add sambhar pwd.Saute well.
Now add the potatoes and stir well.
Sim the fire and slow fry it for 8-10 minutes until it is crispy and golden brown color.
Serve hot with rasam,,sambhar rice or curd rice.

potato, fry, poriyal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.