Friday, December 23, 2011

Capsicum rice


I love capsicum in any form.I came across this recipe on a site.I gave it a try...  Believe me it was awesome!.
Simple and easy.I like them to be little crunchy. so I fry them 75 %, if you want it soft then fry for some more time.I used green pepper,you try using red or yellow.





cooked rice- 1cup
capsicum- 1 chopped
onion-1 chopped
tamarind pulp- 2tsp
mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
oil- 4 tbsp
coriander leaves- 1tbsp chopped.

To Grind:
peanuts- 1/4 cup
cumin seeds- 1 tsp
red chillies- 4
curry leaves- 10

Roast all the above in little oil and grind it into powder.

Method:

Heat oil in a pan.When hot add mustard seeds.
Now add capsicum and onions,let them saute for few minutes.
Now add the peanut mixture and fry for a minute.
Add tamarind pulp and salt.
Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Now add rice and mix well.
Garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve hot with papadam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.