Friday, December 23, 2011

Tindora Fry (Ivy Gourd/)

I dont know how to cook this vegetable until I had this at a friend's house for lunch.My mom never made this vegetable.
And still now .... I don't know how to make my daughter eat this vegetable!
I followed the same procedure as I follow for brinjal or bhindi fry and it turned out to be good.
Its good for diabetic people.It reduces sugar levels.



As I told you it is better to fry this in a non stick pan because it takes long time to fry and consumes less oil.

Tindora- 20
oil- 1tsp
mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
garlic- 1 tsp chopped

ToGrind:
peanuts- 8
dhania pwd- 1tbsp
red chillies - 3
cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
urad dal -1 tsp
curry leaves-6

With a bit of oil roast the above and grind into a semi coarse pwd.

Method:
Cut the tip and bottom of the tinda.
Either chop it into round slices or into lengthwise.
Heat oil in a non stick pan ,when hot add mustard seeds and garlic.
Now add the tindora pieces and fry well until they are cooked.
Sprinkle some salt.Cover and cook on low heat.
If needed add 1 or 2 tsp of water.Don't not add too much they will become soggy.
this would take around 10 minutes or so.
When cooked sprinkle the ground mixture and fry for 2 minutes and remove.
Serve hot with curd rice or rasam rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.