Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ulli Curry (shallots curry)


This is the curry I cook  when I am too tired to cook.It so simple and tasty.It is a typical Kerala curry with coconut milk.I might sometimes wonder what will happen to Indian Cuisine if onions and tomatoes did not exist!Oh my god! I can't imagine!Here it is...


Ulli Curry


Shallots-15
ripe tomatoes- 2
green chili-2 slit
curry leaves
mustard seeds- 1/4tsp
turmeric pwd- 1/4 tsp
red chili pwd- 1tsp
sambhar pwd- 1tsp
salt
coconut oil- 1tbsp
coconut milk- 1cup
water -2cups

Method:
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves.
Now add green chillies and shallots.Saute well.
Add tomatoes and fry until they are mashed.
Now add all the powders.Check for salt.
Add water and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
Add coconut milk and boil for few minutes.
Serve hot with plain rice and papad.

Ulli Curry (Shallots Curry)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.