Thursday, May 17, 2012

Palak Paneer

I loved this dish when I was in college. Every time we went to a hotel ,I would order this dish.Today when I learnt this recipe ,I was shocked to find out how easy and quick it is to make?
But it would change color if cook covered.I love that fresh green color when mixed with white paneer.And it also changes color after a hour or so .... When cooked try having it soon.It not only goes with rotis and chapatis ...my daughter has it with dosas also....


Palak Paneer


Paneer- 1cup into cubes
Palak-  2 bunches
green chillies- 4
ginger- 1"
tomatoes- 4 medium pureed
cumin seeds-1 tsp
fenugreek seeds- 1 pinch
garlic- 1 clove chopped
onion - 1 chopped
oil- 2tsp
salt- to taste

Method:
Wash and chop the Palak. Boil Palak,green chillies,ginger,salt  with 1 cup water until cooked.
Do not cover and cook.Keep it aside to cool.Once cooled puree it in a mixer.
Puree the tomatoes also.Heat oil in kadai,when hot add fenugreek seeds, onions and garlic.
when color changes , add tomato puree.boil for 5 minutes until all the water has evaporated .
Now add paneer and saute gently for 1 minute. Now add palak paste and boil for 2 minutes.
Serve hot with rotis pr chapatis.

palak, paneer, tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.